View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 03:34 AM   #33
Toefur
More slaw!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
The same has happened for the last few runs through the series on UK Gold (a satellite channel here). Apparently the estate of the late Terry Nation, creator of the Daleks, ask exorbitant royalty fees for anyone to show classic Dalek episodes - the result being that nobody bloody shows them! Talk about shooting yourselves in the foot...
Yeah, I thought it had something to do with that. It's kinda weird though, do they have the rights to ALL the Dalek episodes? They showed the first bunch of Dalek episodes here in the curent run (not sure which ones, but quite a few) and then they started just skipping them. They then showed about two of them, Genesis of the Daleks & Death the Daleks, and have since skipped all the other Dalek episodes.

Can't figure our why they skipped most, but showed some...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
Fortunately I managed to catch a full UK Gold run almost in time, and I only missed the Peter Davison and Colin Baker Dalek episodes - which are few in number and easily "obtainable"...
I shall have to look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
He wasn't "getting any younger" the last time he appeared in the 80s! As in, he was old and decrepit and not the Brig at all. It's probably for the best if he remains in memory...
Haven't seen it yet, but will in a few weeks no doubt. Maybe they should revive him for one episode though, write a really awesome episode for his swansong...