View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 01:19 PM   #30
RLacey
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
I have to correct my earlier statement. Pro7 is going to show Series 1. This also makes more sense, because they still have to translate it.
Good. That makes sense if they're showing it to a "new" audience.

Quote:
Also, my sister says they might release the classic series as boxsets, when they released all the episodes from one Season (if you can call it that) on separate DVDs (or story arcs). That's how they did it with the Monty Python Flying Circus DVD complete series box set (which as far as I know has so far only been published in the US and Canada, while the BBC still sells 7 VHS tapes with the "Best of MPs Flying Circus"), I guess. They first released 7 mini-sets consisting of two DVDs (each with a separate case) enclosed in a cardboard sheath box thingy, and then when they had published all seven, they released the whole series as one large box set with 14 DVDs (though I doubt they will release the whole Doctor Who series as one box set. That would be *enourmous*. I guess they will do something by seasons).

-
Well, they did that kind of thing for the Eccleston series.

Mind you, they're nowhere near having released all the old serials (even discounting the ones that are no longer extant).

Maybe I'm just being a cheapskate by refusing to go out and buy dozens of DVDs .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.