View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 07:50 AM   #23
RLacey
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastich
I also feel that knowing the answer to a puzzle before the character you are controlling is irrelevant. The character isn't you and doesn't think like you. Your job as player is to try and get THEM to figure it out, not just figure it out for yourself.
I may have agreed with you before the Hauntings of Mystery Manor puzzle. Be warned, I am going to give the entire solution in this spoiler, so don't reveal it if you have any intention of playing the game:

Spoiler:
You need to smash a window. Despite having lots of suitable items for this in your inventory, you need to use an anchor. This anchor is in another room, and you're told that you have no use for it until you return to the room with the window in and, using a whole load of children's blocks lying round the house, spell the word ANCHOR out. At which point your character will accept picking it up.

I don't think that that is in any way fair to the player. Why on earth would anyone want to perform the necessary activity without any form of prompting to do so?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.