View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 05:12 AM   #68
Ninth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
That's exactly what I thought the first time I saw it. The second time, however, resulted in more pronounced feelings of the type described in the first sentence, and less of the kind in the second sentence (if you go back and look at my posts, you'll see a change in my attitude after I see the film a second time).
I did see it. But then again, seeing it again wouldn't even cross my mind.

Quote:
I disagree there... Special effects aside, it's the remake that is better described as redundant. Though, as I've said...I'm not a big fan of ANY of the Kong movies. If someone hated the original Kong as well as the remakes, I wouldn't argue in defense of the films. I do respect the original Kong and I respect the story (it's well made and a great example of quality pacing in an adventure movie...no hour long boat rides or superfluous characters)...I just don't think it has ever been perfectly brought to the screen.
I'm not a big fan of the story either, so I'd rather have it in a shiny package.

Quote:
Well, if I ever go back and watch the new King Kong as a comedy, I'll keep that in mind.
As I said above, I think it is partly a comedy.