View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 08:31 AM   #63
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
Speaking of the movie, Peter Jackson recreated a lost scene from the 1933, but the thing is I'm not sure if he's including it in the 1933 DVD or his one...
The recreated spider pit sequence is on the new 1933 DVD. Jackson also did his tribute to that scene in the new film: it was the scene with all the huge bugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Plenty of flaws, cheesy as hell, too long, and it gave me a headache that's been annoying me since yesterday evening.
But it's still really good.
That's exactly what I thought the first time I saw it. The second time, however, resulted in more pronounced feelings of the type described in the first sentence, and less of the kind in the second sentence (if you go back and look at my posts, you'll see a change in my attitude after I see the film a second time).

Quote:
I think it makes the original redundant, historical interest aside.
I disagree there... Special effects aside, it's the remake that is better described as redundant. Though, as I've said...I'm not a big fan of ANY of the Kong movies. If someone hated the original Kong as well as the remakes, I wouldn't argue in defense of the films. I do respect the original Kong and I respect the story (it's well made and a great example of quality pacing in an adventure movie...no hour long boat rides or superfluous characters)...I just don't think it has ever been perfectly brought to the screen.

Quote:
My reason for not minding it: comedic relief.
Well, if I ever go back and watch the new King Kong as a comedy, I'll keep that in mind.