View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 11:11 AM   #21
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
As far as I'm aware there's nothing specifically illegal about selling that high. Some independent stores have actually placed a 90% markup on their hardware, taking the cost to a ridiculous £700 - something Microsoft branded as "disgusting". If people are prepared to pay it...
Microsoft are probably "disgusted" with that because they wanted to 'encourage' stores to sell consoles only in massively expensive bundles of games and accessories, or so I read somewhere, by hinting that they wouldn't get any stock after the initial batch if they didn't comply.

Still, this whole thing is completely ridiculous. The sooner the hype dies down and the rest of us can figure out whether the system is really worth all the fuss, the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
blah blah too lazy to copy and paste, just so you know I'm reply to you.
Ah, makes sense if you were able to get it at a knock-down price! I must admit, when I read about the recent price cuts in Japan, I was tempted to see if an import job was possible, too! But I'll pass - at least until it's possible to mod the X360.

I'm sure a Japanese Revolution or PS3 will be far more worth the effort, though!