View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 08:49 AM   #6
MoriartyL
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
...which may not be your cup of tea if you don't like Myst...
Now where did you get the idea I don't like Myst? I love Myst. Not in a million years would I call it an adventure, not just because it doesn't bother me in the way adventures bother me, but because it also has none of the potential for storytelling adventures do. The two are completely unrelated art forms, and when I say I have a problem with adventures that has zero to do with Myst.

Quote:
I completely understand what you mean by 'the promise of adventure games'; but we're not there yet. Far from it. Maybe one day someone will do something where the interactivity will not be used for puzzles at all (though I hope the puzzles will stay, in, maybe, another branch of adventure games, because I enjoy them). But it's not there yet --- except, maybe, in Fahrenheit.
So you think I won't enjoy any adventures, no matter how hard I look, and there's nothing I can do about it? Surely there must be some. Telling a good story is not such a revolutionary idea! And clicking on everything you see, and using everything in your inventory on everything you see, and trying every verb on everything you see, have nothing to do with that idea! I haven't played all that many adventures- there must be something I've not encountered!

No?

Quote:
We have only one life, and no idea how soon it will end: don't waste it on something you don't enjoy. Forget about the 'classics', and look at what the future may be bringing; maybe something better suited to you will emerge there.
Good story. So what in-development adventures should I keep an eye on?