View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 07:59 AM   #29
AFGNCAAP
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioSoldier
Name me a fanmade game that's good enough to be sold in the shops? Something professional and downright well-made enough to have a price tag attatched?
Even if I couldn't, they are free. Besides, I wouldn't pay thousands of dollars to sleep with someone. Does it prove that cars are better than sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioSoldier
I'm not making out that commercial games are the bastion of perfection. I'm merely stating that they're better than fanmade games since the developers have a tapestry of resources to utilize, some companies more than others. I don't think Grim Fandango would have been the game it was had it been devoid of the superb music, voice-acting and state-of-the-art visuals. It would have remained a good game, but a lesser one.
So you do actually think that more money = better game? I thought I misunderstood you for a minute there. Well, your loss.

As a (sort of) side note, one of the reasons Grim ages that well, is that the graphic style was chosen as to hide the incapabilities of 3D graphics of the time (compare to Mask of Eternity, even just visually, to see how could it look like).