View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 01:47 PM   #36
cesarbittar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josho
No, what Phoenix should have done in the first place was NOT thumb their noses in Vivendi's face by calling their project "King's Quest 9" and garnering as much prepublicity as they possible could.

As they were advised not to do. TWO YEARS ago. And to which they replied, "We couldn't possibly do that...it would hopelessly confuse our fans."

I'm glad the game's going to be released, though.

--Josh
then again, gathering all the publicity lead to the big following, and this was what ultimately saved the project. Otherwise, if we had kept the low profile, and not be known by a lot of people, we would still be shut down. Vivendi reacted directly to the press and the fans.

Having had a change of name before wouldn’t have changed things. We would have still gone through this. The Cease and Desist would have come whether our name was King’s Quest IX or not.

Personally, whether it’s called “King’s Quest IX” or “The Silver Lining”, I still fail to see your point. We are still making a sequel based on Roberta William’s work. And by the way, Roberta has seen more than what you think she’s seen. Her blessings have come not only once, but repeatedly over the years. Both from her and from Ken. You can ask them so you are clear of doubts.

Am I telling other fan-games to go through this? No. It’s risky, and the same way we were saved, we could have been shut down and left shut down. At the end, it’s up to the directors of each game what you guys want to do.

Anyhow, I just wanted to thank everyone for their incredible support. I’ve made the promise that this game will see the light of day, and I’m known for keeping my promises!

Cesar Bittar
Phoenix Online Studios