View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 12:50 PM   #14
Jayel
Club a seal or two

Thank you everyone for the feedback

About GUI: I was thinking left-click for look, and right-click for interact. No inventory

Yikes, the character disappearing seems like a serious issue. I'll have to look into that.

I'm using SDL to interface with OpenGL, and unfortunately SDL has no functionality to change refresh rates. Maybe there's an alternative solution.. Thanks for bringing that up. I didn't even realize it because I've an lcd monitor.

I have plans to improve this engine dramatically, by introducing a skeletal system to do character animations. Right now it's just exporting raw mesh data and it takes up huge amount of space (and memory!). It'll probably mean that I'll have to write my own animation software. Man that will take forever.

This screenshot is from a small demo that shows off some flexibility of the engine, including multiple characters, scripted events, timed events, texture switching (for facial expressions as you see) etc. I won't make this one available for download because it doesn't really show much more. Plus it's too big for download.

Last edited by Jayel; 12-08-2005 at 01:17 PM.