View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 07:43 PM   #16
fov
Rattenmonster

Ha. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. The Mac version was the version I played, so to me, that's THE intro. The ones on the PC seem either stripped down (I much prefer the morphing colored text to the gray text with that weird rope effect above and below it) or overly melodramatic (as I said above, Cassima calling out to Alexander takes all the mystery out of the intro, not to mention that the conversation between Alexander and his mother in the talkie version makes my skin crawl).

Thing is, I'm not convinced that the PC version is THE version and the Mac version was changed. Before Windows 95, Macs were at least as popular, if not more so, than IBM compatibles (they weren't even called PCs yet!) The PC talkie version came out after the Mac version, true. But the PC disk version and Mac disk version of KQ6 were released at around the same time, and could well have been developed simultaneously. I don't think we can assume that the PC version came first.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the most commonly played version of KQ6 today -- the talkie version on CD -- was NOT the original KQ6 release. The movie on the talkie version was expanded from the movie on the disk version. So it's not that the shorter movie was cut down from the original, but that the longer movie was expanded from the original.