View Single Post
Old 12-06-2003, 06:31 AM   #6
Nomad

1. Why adventure games in particular? Why not strategy or pure action? What's the draw for you towards the adventure?

Stories. Interactive stories. I don`t have a TV coz I hate being bombarded with input while having to be passive and without having the choice to select what I want to know or see. And adventures are like books or movies where I'm in control. Oh, pathetic shit. Well, it's something like that. And that "stories" thing. Dot.

2. What thematic visual style attracts you more than others? Cartoony? Realistic? Stylized? Doesn't matter?

Sometimes this, sometimes that. With a little overweight towards SciFi. But a good adventure is a good adventure. I personally prefer 3rd person to 1st person.

3. How important are the cornerstones of the adventure genre to you? Story? Puzzle? Character development, etc.?

Nice to remember, and nice to share the memory with friends, but I'm always looking forward to the next big thing.

4. How do you play a game? Do you engulf it in one weekend or do you like to take your time and savour it? Does it depend on the individual game?

I've got a job, I've got friends, and a girlfriend. And other interests. Takes some time to solve a game.

5. How flexible or conservative are you in your personal definition of the adventure game? If flexible, what games have you played that you feel have powerful adventure elements to qualify them? If conservative, what games do you think epitomize the genre?

Traditional PnC is the greatest for me. But new stuff makes up for a nice change. Recent examples: Black Mirror (pure PnC) was great. BS3 (some action elements) was great, too. Exept for the boxes puzzles No. 3-X.

6. What is your take on the state of adventure games today, now? What do you feel is lacking, what looks promising?

Gimme more, and see question no. 5. And continue great stories. TLJ2, Syberia 2, MI5, GK4, Black Mirror 2, IJ5, UFOs 2, Amerzone 2, BS4, Eye of the Kraken 2, Feeble Files 2, Jazz and Faust 2, LBA3, Nightlong 2, Salammbo 2. I want them all!