View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 04:07 AM   #615
Kolzig
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDance
Yeaaaa... I don't want to sound mean but I didn't really like that movie either. I didn't like The Village either... and Oxygen was soooo boring. Those are the only popular ones I can think of. I do think he's an adorable man though- he did a brilliant job acting in The Pianist- I just didn't like the movie I guess (no offense).

Well, that's alright. I haven't yet seen The Pianist, but I've heard some good things about it and especially Mr. Brody.

Quote:
Oh yea, and King Kong is not my kind of movie- I will probably never watch it.
Nooooooooooo! I will not accept this kind of talk.
You. Must. Watch. It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdb.com
First "Review" of 'King Kong'

Newsweek writer Devin Gordon has written the first unofficial review of King Kong, after accepting an invitation from director Peter Jackson to see it in New Zealand. Gordon -- dare we say it? -- has gone ape over the movie, writing early in his article that it "is a surprisingly tender, even heartbreaking film," then, anticipating complaints about its three-hour length -- nearly twice that of the original -- he writes, "While Kong may be indulgent, it's not pretentious. And it's certainly never dull. Jackson has honored his favorite film in the best possible way: by recapturing its heart-pounding, escapist glee."
Oh yeah, and this was interesting too:

Quote:
Japanese, Chinese Angry Over 'Geisha' Casting

Although it features an almost entirely Asian cast, Rob Marshall's Memoirs of a Geisha has evoked anger and calls for a boycott among some of those who have seen advance screenings of the film in Japan and China, Reuters reported today (Monday). According to the wire service, some Japanese are outraged that the leading roles in the film are played by Chinese actresses Ziyi Zhang and Gong Li and Chinese-Malaysian actress Michelle Yeoh. On the other hand, some Chinese are upset that Chinese film stars would favorably portray Japanese, who are still remembered for their brutal occupation of China in World War II. Reuters quoted one blogger as saying of Zhang, who plays the title role: "She's sold her soul and betrayed her country. Hacking her to death would not be good enough."
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.

Last edited by Kolzig; 11-29-2005 at 04:16 AM.