View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 02:32 AM   #60
Ninth

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
@Ninth - When you look at the power of a 360 and the backlog of quality xbox games, along with the price (here in the UK I doubt they're retain that £39.99 tag for long, that's the way it's always been and tbh Megadrive SNES games were more than that at one point), then it's actually much cheaper than upgrading a PC with a new mobo, cpu, faster memory and a g-card which'll be outdated in 6 months. A 360 provides conveniece.

You're introducing personal argument and preferences into a general question you asked, and aren't being fair on Trep's own idea of what he finds comfortable. I really want to upgrade my PC, but tbh I'm getting sick of doing so and the 360 is an equal to what I could upgrade to for the price, in fact it's cheaper. That's my reasoning for preordering one.

Your argument is also resoundingly flat. You make it seem as though the PS2 and Xbox's are full of "mindless" action titles. There's far more to them than that, and you know it. The PC has equal amounts of shit.
A PC isn't outdated in 6 months, if you're not always after the last new shiny cutting edge game. And when you update it, you can still play every PC game ever produced, and more (even console games, with the proper emulation).

Plus, where did the "mindless" thing come from? I don't like action games, mind or no mind, and therefore a console is of no use to me, which is merely what I was saying.