View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 07:06 PM   #8
RLacey
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpson_yellow
On topic, it does seem as though Digital Jesters are slowly killing themselves (interesting email you got there, Mr Lacey). I only found out about them by chance a few months ago - are they a major distributor in Europe? I don't think I've ever seen a Digital Jesters game here (Trackmania Sunrise, for example, was distributed by QVS Software in Australia) so I don't think it'll make a lot of difference to me whether they sink or swim. Might be a different matter as far as the rest of the world is concerned though.
They're of the "small, but steadily growing" type. They've previously only done UK (and occasionally elsewhere) titles, publishing Beyond Divinity, Trackmania, Savage, Chaos League, Sherlock Holmes, The Moment of Silence and Freedom Force vs the Third Reich in the UK. Bet on Soldier was to be their attempt to break into the US market.

As for the email, I wouldn't have believed it had it not been sent to the email address that I've used around the Digital Jesters website, and had the press release since also not found its way onto GamesPress. And if I hadn't heard of the troubles that wael had had (I saw an advert in a magazine about a range of budget releases suggesting that the Holmes game was being republished by a different company), I would have had difficulty accepting the accusation. As far as customers are concerned - except for their use of Starforce - Digital Jesters have been nothing less than very, very good.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.