View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 03:13 AM   #1
RLacey
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey
Default The beginning of the end for Digital Jesters?

Bet on Soldier: Blood Sport received average to mixed reviews, but do the developers deserve the treatment afforded to them by their UK/US publisher?

I was rather surprised to receive the following email this morning from the developers of Bet on Soldier: Blood Sport:

Quote:
Sirs,

My name is Roman Vincent. I am the C.E.O of RVP-Kylotonn Entertainment, a development studio based in Paris, France.
We would like to announce that Digital Jesters has committed a series of breaches of contract and that we have terminated the agreement with them today.
We think that we must keep the gamer community informed about it.
Can you please publish the press release attached to this email?

Feel free to contact me if you need more details.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Roman Vincent
CEO & Producer

Now, this would have baffled me were it not for me remembering the comments made by wael in relation to his most recent Sherlock Holmes game. Digital Jesters seems to be making a habit of treating the developers badly, which, combined with a couple of financial scares, is causing me to lose faith in the team. I noticed that The Silver Earring is due to be published on a different company's budget label, and Kylotonn are also looking into a new publisher.

So, the question is, will all of this news wreck the company, or will they somehow survive, Tri Synergy-like? Or will they be forced to show more repsect for the developers?

This is all making their commendable company philosophy look exceedingly ironic...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.