View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 11:27 AM   #16
reno6
Hoopy frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite
ha ha ha!
That first one looks poor.
I think I may be the only person on the planet who looks at AGI games and doesn't immediately think "jeez, those graphics suck." I've never been able to stand it when a reviewer says "Yeah, the graphics are absolutely horrible, but it's a fun game," or something to that effect. The AGI graphics were phenomenal for their time, and in my opinion, still hold up well today. Sure, KQ1 may be primitive, especially in the above screenshot, but the graphics suit the game and are well-done. King's Quest 3 had the best of the AGI graphics, if you ask me, especially on the ship later on in the game. The deck was very intricate and the artists did a sensational job with the technology they had. Of course, an AGI game isn't going to stand up to a VGA game from an objective basis, but you have to put yourself into that time period and realize the breakthroughs in technology that the designers were facing. Of course they're going to look primitive, and that's the charm in them.

Ahem. Sorry. As for the KQ games, King's Quest 6 was my favorite. It had the best story and puzzles of the series. From a technical standpoint, the graphics were outstanding, the music was fitting, and the voice acting was well-done. It just stands out as the peak of the collection to me.