View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 12:04 PM   #537
TangentBlack
Vigilant

I didn't know this forum had people that replied so quick.

I am not going to write an article on my opinion like I did on noir, I just have alot to say about that. However, temporaryscar, you misinterprited my meaning and put words into my mouth. I never said foriegn film is better. In fact, my testomony to American film is quite powerful. Russia has films you will never hear of, Germany does, China does, Britian does, and,yes, America does to. However, the leader in film has for a long while been America because of its amazing industry. I am not complaining about the "shiny package", in fact I prefer it to a "dull one". It seems like America and some European countries for that matter, are selling out to technology and special effects more than plot and technique. The old movies, and I don't mean just from the 30's-50's were limited in their ability to perform these acts because of a number of different restrictions such as censorship, technology, and experience. They had to work around their limitations and developed films that were not only creative, cleverly written (which has now been downsized as a priority i.e. the new Star Wars, Fantastic Four, Saw 2 and many others. Now, do not get me wrong, I am amazed at some of the things that we are able to do with film. I think that computer animation is an incrediblely useful technique to be used to COMPLIMENT a film and make it more realistic. When a movie is based soley on a new technology that is to be imployed, the film turns to shit. Not that that does not happen in Europe or Asia, but the world looks to America for film advice, and America is coming up with some pretty damn bad advice. America will always be the hub of film, no one will forget that, but it has to do so in a style that is classy, so that it can CONTINUE to produce movies that will rival the ones before it.