View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 11:01 PM   #14
fov
Rattenmonster

King's Quest 1-4 should be fine in DosBox, as should at least some of the Space Quest games. The early ones are not going to have voice so should just be able to run them off your hard drive. I think the Windows version of KQ5 runs in XP if you change your color depth to 256 and screen resolution to 640x480 before launching. Also be sure to check out NewRisingSun's patches for KQ1VGA (although I didn't need it on XP... in fact, I didn't even need DosBox) and the SQ games.

My understanding is that Lighthouse is hard to get going on XP, I think, but you could try following the instructions here.

I was able to run 7th Guest on XP with no tweaking at all, using VDMSound. But I think how easy it is to run has to do with which version of the game you have.

I'm not sure about some of these others. I don't think Feeble Files works on WinXP, and I feel like maybe Discworld Noir doesn't either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
Oh, and that was my 200th post. And it's talking about the exact same thing as my first one: Sierra games under DOSBox. Is that some weird coincidence, or am I just a complete monomaniac?
Look on the bright side - at least it wasn't your 5,436th post about running Sierra games under DOSBox.