View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 02:07 PM   #14
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
If you like horror-style action games, you've gotta check out Silent Hill 2 and Project Zero/Fatal Frame. Both good stories, loads of atmosphere, and scary as ****. And not too hard.
Absolutely for SH and SH3 (I'm planning to get SH4: The Room). gilly, if you're into serious stories with mature, psychological, and emtionally demanding themes, these are as good as it gets. Crank down the combat difficulty and crank up the puzzle difficulty for a more adventure game feel. And play it in the dark with the sound turned up!! That's the only way to experience a Silent Hill game.

Click this pic to see the first
Fatal Frame trailer.

I still seriously need to get a Fatal Frame game. I've read reviews for the first one and the consensus is good. Then Fatal Frame 2 came out and it got even better reviews. Thing is, I'm broke for the next several weeks. Ah well.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 11-16-2005 at 02:14 PM.