View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 04:26 PM   #13
reno6
Hoopy frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic
Heeeey... c_c I like Sony. Sure, they're dumb sometimes, sometimes really, really dumb, and someone should pan them... in fact, before I go on, let me...

Sony

...but they can still be lovable. Sometimes.

Right?

RIGHT?
NO! *grabs torchs and a horde of peasants and stomps off in the rain to Sony Headquarters*

I really hate what they're doing here. I mean, I have no problems whatsoever with trying to protect their content from piracy, but this is like blowing up your house to get rid of an ant problem. I'm sure it's at least twenty-seven flavors of illegal, too.

It'd be pointless to put this kind of protection into the PS3. Companies like Blockbuster and Gamefly wouldn't be able to carry any PlayStation 3 software, places like EB and GameStop would no longer make a profit off of buying and reselling used games, and if your PlayStation 3 happens to break, guess what? You have to buy every game all over again. You can't even sell your old library to make up some of the cost of repurchasing, because they wouldn't work anywhere else. It's a ridiculous notion, and if Sony pulls something like that, I'll be going for a Revolution/360 combo this coming generation.