View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 04:54 PM   #7
SamNMax

Yeah, I think that's the problem. Most people didn't see the part after the credits. Also, though I have nothing but respect for Even Dickens, this is just laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former AG staff member Even Dickens
Unfortunately, Monkey Island 2 ends with a resounding thud. The much-debated final sequence left the gamer in a state of shock and disbelief...and not a good kind at all, rather the worst kind of shock possible. The feeling that the entire experience of the game has been completely wasted.

The question to this day remains: what was Ron Gilbert thinking? What was his plan? How would he have led into MI3 from his ending? Wouldn't we think of it differently if we could see his vision? The answer, as far as I'm concerned, is no. When I finish a game, especially one as long as Monkey Island 2, I should never feel as empty and frustrated as I felt after the ending sequence was complete. And it's important to remember there was no guarantee of an MI3; rather, the ending led many to believe the series would not be continued. I have never veered from the statement I will make again now: the ending to this game is the single worst in the history of adventure games.