Thread: Myst V review
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 04:48 AM   #6
Ninth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
I've only played the demo, so my own experience is more limited. Just out of curiosity, when you say "average" graphics, what are you comparing them to? I agree they're hardly cutting edge quality, but I'd still call them above average. I'm biting my tongue on saying "especially for an adventure", but... well, you know. Let's face it - adventures haven't exactly set the real-time 3D bar very high to this point.

I thought the controls were fantastic, though. Not that any one option does things better than any other game, necessarily, but I don't know of another game that offers that kind of range. And actually, no, I lied. I don't think I've seen a node movement game that handled its scene transition that well, either. I was really impressed.
Average graphics, compared to Myst 3 and Myst 4. And, if you want 3d comparison, compared to Fahrenheit. Or Sentinel. Or Schizm 2. Mind you, the worlds are very different in this departement. Over the 5 worlds I've visited already, I'd say that one is lame, one is gorgeous, and 3 are average.

The controls are much better than Uru, but not as good as in Sentinel, in my opinion, ie: not very responsive, as far as movement is concerned, and not that intuitive, especially with the slate. Nothing dire, but nothing great either, in my eyes. And I'm not sure what you mean with "that kind of range"...