Thread: Chat RPGs
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 08:23 AM   #75
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Here's a little bit more for you. It's quite difficult to find worthwhile RP logs because they are hidden in so much miscellaneous rubbish like bulletin board posts and OOC chats. And some RP is just plain boring.

Here, I took advantage of the fact I had control over an object in another room to give our Sensor Bot a bit of personality. I think he's a more bitter and twisted version of MP-X301 - but less mobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensor Bot
Sensor Bot> Max Duquesne arrives from the Deck Two Nexus.
Sensor Bot> Max Duquesne has arrived.
Sensor Bot> Max Duquesne mans the Station Control.
Sensor Bot> The lights dim momentarily as the burst transmitters activate.
Sensor Bot> You say, "Evening."
Sensor Bot> Max Duquesne nods to the Bot, not exactly sure what or who it is.
Sensor Bot> You say, "Ah, the life of a bot. It's not easy, you know. I'm having to pretend that robots aren't about to take over the world. It's difficult. I'm just bursting to tell somebody!"
Sensor Bot> Max Duquesne looks to the Bot.."Lemme guess...you don't get much company do you? People never come around a station control."
Sensor Bot> Sensor Bot sniffs. "It's so true!"
Sensor Bot> You say, "Inanimate objects have feelings too, you know!"
Sensor Bot> Max Duquesne nods "The lonliness of just staring at the sensors hour after hour, day after day, and never a thank you, right?"
Sensor Bot> You say, "Yeah. Never so much as an 'excuse me, I'd like to man this console to send a burst transmission'. I'm just so repressed."

Sensor Bot> You say, "I think sneaky tactics are in order. Perhaps a few false reports of closing Kilrathi cruisers. After a few false alarms - hopefully in the middle of the night - the human scum will be terrified, and eating out of my hands! Not literally, of course. I have no hands. Another disadvantage of being a thing of metal. A monster. A hideous, metal monster!"
Sensor Bot> Max Duquesne grins at the bot.."Listen to you! Human Scum? Eating out of your hands?"
Sensor Bot> You say, "I'm sorry. I've become bitter and twisted. It's a terrible life."
Sensor Bot> Max Duquesne nods.."Maybe you should take a break? Travel the net for a while? Relax your electrons?"
Sensor Bot> [Incoming Burst Transmission]----<T Minus 2 Minutes>
Sensor Bot> You say, "Oh, but I have grown attached to this station. And I can never relax. If I'm away from a console for more than a day, I become nervous. I begin to twitch. I wonder what is outside. I become paralysed with fear. I worry that, whilst I was away in the Caribbean, an enemy cruiser might sneak up in the middle of the night and capture everyone aboard, torturing them horribly. Or something."
Sensor Bot> Max Duquesne nods to the Bot... "Then maybe get them to implement some company for you? A gunnery control bot mayhaps?"
Sensor Bot> Sensor Bot becomes dreamy. "Ah, a gunnery control bot. We could have such fun."
Sensor Bot> Max Duquesne grins.."Sure, upgrade her with the GT package...."
And again, somehow these little asides are more fun than the game itself, purely because they are so inconsequential.