Thread: Chat RPGs
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 05:09 AM   #73
Jeysie
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

(grins at Pink's successful masquerade)

Alas, no Halloween RP for me (well, unless you count hanging out OOC in chat talking with the fellas about the idea of Zombie Richards). I have, however, been copyediting our story log and have come across a few amusing tidbits...

Quote:
Meanwhile, on the Bridge, MP-X301 decides to try to increase the ship's speed enough to overcome the gap between arriving at the planet and the engines going *BADOOM!!!* from lack of coolant. After accidentally starting up a game of Minesweeper and ordering an expresso, he finally manages to program the computer to route more power to the engines.
Quote:
"Hey, MP, we are in the coolant room now, Ah'Choo is off to take a piece of metal to patch the hole, 'sup on your side?"

"I've managed to shunt some more power to the engines, but it'll only buy us another minute at this rate. Ask Ah'Choo if she can transfer additional power to the engines when she gets back.

"And, I'm up to 75 wins, 12 losses on solitaire."

"It's... er... impressing. I'll pass her your request."

"Thanks, Roy!"
Quote:
Ah'Choo wields her welding torch of doom again and finishes sealing the door against the tank.

"It's over? I can open my eyes?"

"All right. Let me head back to Engineering momentarily and attempt to shunt more power to the engines. Remain here and monitor the patch just in case. And please do open your eyes, Roy, your monitoring will be far more effective that way."
My personal favorite:

Quote:
The Bridge viewscreen flickers to life with the image of a Star Confederation ensign wearing a headset microphone.

"Hello, this is StarCon facility 256."

MP-X301 starts his report. "This is the cruise ship Contrived Extravagance. We were attacked..."

But, before he can finish, the image of the ensign continues to speak, cutting him off. "...we're not available right now, as Admiral Trespen is throwing a really bitchin' kegger in the lounge, and everyone's invited. Please call back in an hour and we'll be glad to assist you. Or, please leave your name and number at the tone, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. BEEP."
Quote:
He sticks the card key into suite 106's slot, but nothing happens this time. As he looks closely at the door he sees a note taped there. It reads: "Sorry, but this door leads to a part of the adventure that the GM hasn't gotten around to writing yet. Pardon our dust."
Quote:
After an epic struggle worthy of being chronicled in a historical documentary, Ah'Choo squeezes through the opening and into the captain's cabin. The cabin is noticeably larger than her own quarters, and much more opulently appointed. The furniture is all quite fancy, and made of imported antique wood from the Antique Forests of Vila 5.
Quote:
"Oh, hi, Roy! What's up?"

"Hey, MP! How is it going up here?"

"Dull. Very dull. I've been watching the Reactor Temperature Reading go from 138 degrees Celsius to 139 degrees Celsius and back again. It's fascinating."
Quote:
"Thank you, Roy. How is MP faring?"

"He's having so much fun, you should have seen him when I arrived."

"Oh? What sort of fun was he having?"

"I have the feel he was programmed to watch monitor and graph on screens. I think he just discovered himself an hidden passion."

"Ahh, it is so refreshing to see a life form... ah, if you can call him that... discovering his true calling in the universe."
Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."