View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 01:18 AM   #488
squarejawhero
Epinionated.

Mira's going to castrate me for this, but I really enjoyed The Twins Effect last night. Then again, I've got a thing for any film that stars Charlene Choi being spanked with a pole.

Anyhow, it's kind of like a lighthearted Blade with good effects. Really must see the sequel now! And House Of Fury!

Ok, ok, any film starring the Twins.

Here's a review with an awesome quote -

http://www.lovehkfilm.com/reviews/twins_effect.htm

Quote:
But it's the second conflict which should get everybody's blood boiling. That's right: the Twins must take on each other! Midway through the film, there's a battle royale between Gypsy and Helen over—get this—a teddy bear! The girls go wushu wacko on each other and unleash a flurry of wire-enhanced moves and gravity-defying acrobatics. They also pause to pout, mug, and taunt each other with funny faces. To some people, this display of cute ass-kicking would probably be the cinematic equivalent of armageddon, but there's also something amusing and even winning about the whole thing. Say what you will about the Twins' talent, but they've got something—call it cuddly charisma or sweet screen presence—that makes them wholly watchable. It's like witnessing a blowout battle between Hello Kitty and Kerokeropi. Sure, it's silly and totally preposterous, but it's just so damn cute. No matter who wins, you'd like to give them both a hug.