Thread: Nintendo DS
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 04:12 PM   #10
Funktion

The non-adventure DS games I have:

-Mario 64 DS (I never owned Mario 64 for the N64, so I'm having a blast with this one; it's quite different from the 2D Mario games (it promotes a lot more exploration instead of just running around; for some reason there's no time limit) and the bonus mini-games included as an extra (most unlocked by playing the main game) are extremely fun and worth the price of the game)

-Warioware: Touched! (man, this one is totally screwed up; I never understood how a game based on mini-games that last less than 5 seconds could be any fun, until I actually played the first game of the series; although some reviews gave it lower scores than the GBA games I really enjoyed it; it's one of those games you finish, but you always come back to unlock a few more things, or just to have fun; and you wouldn't believe how plain bizarre some of these mini-games are)

-Electroplankton (not really a game, but extremely interesting; it's creator called it "Multimedia Art", and it was actually featured on a museum in Japan; you really have to try it to "understand" it; it's "pointless", it has no score, no lives, but I really enjoy playing around with it (too bad you can't save the music you play); I have the Japanese release, but it will be available in the US and Europe early next year)

-Project Rub (it features mini-games like Warioware, but it wraps it around a totally screwed up love story (bulls, a punk, and mechs; enough said ); I totally loved it, it's one of those games that makes me think I made a great choice when I picked up a DS; I can't wait for the sequel)

-Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (one of the main reasons I bought a DS was to play Castlevania games; with it I was able to buy and play the GBA games, and now this one; I'm still playing it, but so far I'm having a total blast; I can't believe how some people say this looks like the GBA games, it looks wonderful, the images on websites don't really show the true graphical quality of the game; whoever thinks 2D games are dead should take a look at this one)