View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 10:05 AM   #31
Jackal
Hopeful skeptic

Argh!!

I'm not commenting on ANY specific threads, posts, or criticism. Fum, just as your comments are based on some amalgam of vague incidents over time, so too am I generalizing about various threads and feedback. I'm not dissecting what's good or bad in any given case; just trying to establish some basic principles.

I'll say this again: we are totally open to suggestions, we don't think we're perfect, and we are always looking for ways to improve. Most of our "how to improve" discussions happen behind the scenes, but no one should confuse not seeing those with assuming they don't happen at all. I mean, look where this thread is. We've got a forum dedicated to feedback. And another one for site feedback. But saying we're open to feedback is not the same as saying it's not possible to overdo it, or to offer it in a way that ends up being counter-productive. I'm not judging anyone's attempts to do that HERE or in any previous threads. I'm just saying I hope people take that to heart when they DO post.

Also: