View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 05:54 AM   #54
Jeysie
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
But if you buy a game, have a problem and call tech support, unistall it and play it again later, you will probably have forgotten how to fix the problem and you'll have to call them again....
I agree there are a few variables, and it's possible you may forget the solution. It's only a possibility, though, whereas a new person owning the game almost certainly will not have ever heard of the solution before.

Quote:
I might have problems with the game if I buy a new graphics card and I'll need to call them AGAIN!
Yes, but that's a *different* problem. I'm certainly not saying that a single user can't have multiple problems with a piece of software, just if the tech is doing their job you shouldn't need to solve the same problem twice for the same person.

Quote:
Frankly, I see nothing wrong with having to contact support more than once, they should have enough people/resources to handle this kind of thing...
If it were me, it would be the principle of the thing. They may have enough resources to handle it, but it's still frustrating having to do more work than should be necessary.

Quote:
I doubt that they are overwhelmed by hundreds of people asking for the same thing, on the contrary, if everybody called about the same problem, they'd just have it in their Tech Support FAQ or trouble shooting FAQ, or their automated responses...
Things like FAQs and automated responses still consume resources, albeit less than full human responses.

Not to mention that for every one person who is diligent about reading Readmes, FAQs, and listening to the responses, there's at least 10 people who just dial the number and go straight to the operator.

Forgot to mention that reselling games also creates potential new problems, like missing manuals, missing or damaged disks, CD keys that are missing or can't be reused, etc.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."