View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 05:11 AM   #50
Gknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan
This is the problem I have with Diablo 2. Each chapter has a home base town and you can only save when you quit. If you die then you lose some of the gold you were carrying and have to get back to the place you died in order to retrieve the items you had with you at the time. Since the area you died is likely to be surrounded by monsters you'd better have a spare set of equipment (whenver I upgrade I always keep the best of the previous equipment set in my stash)

But the worst part is that when you reload you're always back in town. To travel to areas a long way away from town there are a series of waypoints that you can activate which allow you to teleport from town to that location. This means that to make progress you have to commit yourself to playing long enough to reach the next waypoint and sometimes that's a hefty challenge. Can't just start up for a quick relaxing monster bash.
It depends where you are landed. I find that it sometimes is better to save\quit then retrieve your body. That way you avoid opening a series of doors that brings you to a dead-end room and lets you find the most direct path. This is most true when going into the seven tombs.

Last edited by Gknight; 10-21-2005 at 05:17 AM.