View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 08:40 PM   #48
Fairygdmther
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky
What? It should be clear from the arguments made that the money does reach the developers (in theory), because the lower effective price point increased sales in the first place, and because people may spend the money they earn on buying another game.

Besides, when you buy something you get the right to sell it on. That's a fundamental tenet of capitalism. The idea that there should be anything wrong with reselling a game mystifies me. Do we chastise people for buying existing houses because they're not supporting the construction industry?
Boy, I can tell you don't live in Florida! LOL With the hurricanes here, we're always rebuilding! And with over 1000 people per day moving into Florida, we always need new homes.

I don't mean that it's wrong, Snarky, but when you compare it to pirating, there's little real difference. (Unless you have someone who makes 500 copies from one CD and sells them at full price to make money.) Sometimes people buy games on release, play them and sell them right away. The buyers of these are going back to the websites for support as much as those who bought it brand new. I've seen complaints from developers that this extra support causes a burden for them - who ultimately pays for this?

Lynsie