View Single Post
Old 11-28-2003, 10:43 AM   #33
janus

Send a message via ICQ to janus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacardiJim
It seems that I am not the only one to encounter a script error on the PHU puzzle once you reveal and start playing around with the dragonfly. In my case, it meant reinstalling the game and starting from scratch. The patch available for In Memoriam does not address this bug, though rumor has it that the developers are hard at work on a patch for this and a couple of other bugs.

However, my research has suggested a POSSIBLE fix for this. You can try it and let me know how it works for you. At worst it will leave you no worse off than you are now. Save backups of your ENTIRE "Save" folder, which is in the Ubi Soft\In Memoriam\Media\Dir folder. This should include both a sub-folder titled something like "User_1" and file called "config.cfg." Now reinstall the game and use a new e-mail address to register it. Then replace the new "Save" folder with the old one you made a backup copy of. With luck, this should allow you to login with your old original username and addy and allow you to continue your progress from where you hit the bug.
Hi Jim
Tried the above and guess what....Yep, Thrown back to the Desktop.
Setup another Email account and reinstalled even reinstalled Quicktim and Shockwave...Played through to the appearence of the Menu Bar on the new Email and new username so looks as if I will have to play up to the Freeze and keep my fingers crossed. Not right now though, later in the week...a bit uptight with the non comittal answers from Tech Support at UbiSoft.
"Walt"