View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 12:38 PM   #1
MdaG
Master of time and space

Default What really happened in Myst 4? *spoiler*

Since I've played through Myst 4 I've come to the conclusion that I'm not sure what really transpired while "I" was uncouncious in Tomahna in the first part of the game. From various flashbacks I know that someone (presumably Sirrus) chased Yeesha into the fireplace of Tomahna, where she then closed the hatch and fled into Haven. I know she was in Haven due to the flashback in the nara chamber where she trips. Close to the chamber in Haven there is a crystal yielding a flashback showing that Sirrus and Achenar fought each other. There is also some dirt in Tomahna that yields a flashback where you can hear Yeesha pleading iirc about some key to a door leading to a linking book for Serenia.

I don't think I've gotten enough information to piece together what exacly transpired during my "nap". There are some leaps I've had to make for the story to make sense. Here's what I think happened:

* = logical leap (I'm guessing here)
  1. Sirrus discovers the frequency to destroy Nara.
  2. Sirrus breaks free and links to Tomahna.
  3. Sirrus attacks me with a sonic bomb and knocks me unconcious. *
  4. Sirrus goes after Yeesha.
  5. Yeesha flees into the fireplace and into Haven.
  6. Yeesha somehow gets through the bars or the object space in the Nara chamber of Haven. *
  7. Sirrus destroys the Nara chamber with a sonic bomb and goes after Yeesha. *
  8. Achenar finds Yeesha and Sirrus close to the chamber and goes to help her. *
  9. Sirrus and Achenar fight each other. Sirrus somehow wins.
  10. Sirrus drags Yeesha back into Tomahna and forces her to show him the way to Serenia.
  11. I wake up and start exploring.
  12. Achenar wakes up and goes to Tomahna and then to Serenia. (How does he know they went to Serenia?)

Am I close?