View Single Post
Old 11-27-2003, 09:12 AM   #31
Henke
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycroft
Aww...come on man!
I realize that Pantera is certainly not top 100 material..but what I'm pointing out is that you seem to despise Pantera.
Pantera has always had a streak of punk music in them.Something I don't quite have a fancy for.However,I still like their earlier stuff.Like when they did Black Sabbath covers.Planet Caravan is one of the better covers I've heard.

Cemetary Gates and Mouth for War are still my favourites along with Cowboys from Hell.I have not kept in touch with their music for a while now..so I can't say if they've indulged in something else...something punkier.The last I'd heard Phil Anselmo was with a Southern American Hardcore Rock circuit with a band called Down.
Let me reiterate...Pantera is not my favourite band.They've never been so.But I certainly don't hate them.Or have I misinterpreted you..?

I think we should have a 'List your top 10 albums of all time' thread.Either no will give a damn about it.Or it will become the thread with most heated debate ever.With people criticizing(read badmouthing) each others taste in music.
I don't perticularly like Pantera. Their earlier stuff was all right. Their later stuff isn't. But I hold them responsible that american metal was dead and buried (which it truly is). I don't really hear any influences of punk music in their music. Maybe they have taken inspiration from some crap american hardcore band. But I bet that if there were any real punk influences it would sound alot better. I do think that the punk music coming from the states can still sound good (unlike metal).

We have had a "List your favourite artist/song" thread before. There were no debates at all really. But some people didn't write anything because they claimed no one liked their kind of music, which was rather sad. But it was fun reading what people listened to.