View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 07:13 PM   #36
simpson_yellow
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp-30
Yeah. Though his image link is broken now dabnabbit. Not that I'm claiming some sort of monopoly on the association.
self

I even posted on that thread.

And artwking, I think I pretty much agree with you. I don't normally care how games arrive in my lap either. I'm sure Bad Brain aren't the only people who do things like this, but they're about the only people I know that declare it publicly (some might call this brave, but strikes me more as stupidity).

And just for the record, the "Bad Brain are a pack of unethical incompetents" thing was kind of tongue in cheek and was as much a comment on public/forum perception of Bad Brain as on Bad Brain itself (well, maybe not quite as much, but at least a little ). My post in the thread that jp-30 linked to better outlines my take on Bad Brain:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I hadn't given too much consideration to Bad Brain's behaviour, but thinking about it, it's certainly caused more harm than good. As you say, it's probably well intentioned but it's definitely inappropriate.

Particularly their latest announcement, which clearly levels blame at the LucasArts side of the table (which may be fair(?) but is less than professional). How they can make an announcement like that, and then expect someone else to happily enter negotiations with them is a bit beyond me.

In the long run, if things continue this way, I don't think anyone will come out of this looking golden. Bad Brain will suffer as well.

And I think suggesting that people petition Steve Purcell is just plain stupid.

I respect what Bad Brain are trying to do, just not how they are trying to do it.
Either way, I'm still interested to see what this beaver will bring to the table.