View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 03:38 PM   #4
Manhunter71
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

The 2 most annoying flaws are the unskippable cutscenes and the lack of save game game tokens, although the save issue isn't really a major problem if you try to only save before a major incident. Plus, if you search around a lot you can usually find some extra ones

I really don't think there is a lack of focus at the beginning of the game, it didn't really seem that way to me - you pretty much know what you are trying to do, and if you are unsure there are usually items in your inventory that help you

I think this is a great, underrated game - an excellent adventure/action/rpg hybrid - there should be more games like this

On the downside, the shooting segments could have been done a little better and the control system isn't great.
But, whatever this game lacks in certain areas, it totally makes up for in story and atmosphere!
Incredibly atmospheric background music, spooky areas down alleyways and inside buildings where you could be attacked at any moment, an unnerving feeling of being alone in a vast city, and - David Bowie!! What more is there to say?

If you haven't guessed already, I'm a bit of a fan, but don't take my word for it - buy the game and find out for yourself.
And it works fine on XP