Thread: Mass Effect
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 04:23 PM   #25
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

I love console exclusives. A stable platform to release to makes for more stable games. No patching, better Q/A, no tweaking, no ****ing about with video settings for that happy mix of visuals versus frames for every single bloody game. No reverting or updating drivers for my particular hardware to enable a particular feature or disable a particular incompatibility error. That rules.

Then theres the DVD (or even higher) standards... I get awesome sound, stunning quality videos rather than shitty compressed ones, I put the disc in and play, I don't sit in front of a status bar for 15 minutes to start with and I don't have to change discs mid game.

Multiplayer = even playing field. I don't have to have a bleeding edge system to be on the same handicap as every PC nut out there on the virtual battlefield. That's the sweetest plum. The consoles are a lot harder to cheat on (its never impossible). If someone wants to cheat on them they have to be very dedicated to it, not just some whiny shithead who downloaded the latest wall hack. Blessed be.

The more former PC developers brining me great games on a console the better. In the long run I save money on PC hardware and get all the above benefits. I don't buy into that 'dumbed down for console market' shit one iota. That's just PC fanboi angst.