View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 07:00 AM   #1
Dark Veil
Just charging up

Default On feeding the vampire community

Now there's a misleading title for a topic about donating blood if there ever was one...

Anyway I was wondering if there are more people around here that donate blood.
If so, why? If not, why not?

Personally I used to donate blood a few times a year and for a year now I've been donating boodplasm every month.
It's pretty much the same procedure as donating blood: Check-Up - Donate - Leave
The difference is: with Plasm you need to make an appointment because you need to be hooked up to some sort of filtering machine.
Giving bloodplasm is sort of like being in a relationship: you give a lot of yourself only to get a small amount back.
(650 ml of plasm is collected and about 2 to 3 liters of blood are filtered for this)
Therefor it takes a bit longer than donating blood.
On the plusside your body recovers faster from it, which is why you are allowed to donate once a month.

One thing I am concerned with is that in some countries like America, you get paid a small fee for donating blood.
(Same with sperm but that would be a different topic someone could make a 'sticky' about )
In my eyes, getting paid for a donation attracts the wrong kind of people.
The only motive should be: giving back something to the community and perhaps the free check-up. (that and free coffee...)
After all, blood replenishes itself so all you've lost is some time.

Almost forgot: I mostly donate to help out the local Vampires

(This thread was inspired by Tempsie tm)