View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 05:18 AM   #1
Def_Zeppelin

Default KingsQuest9/Space Quest 3 - Vivendi boycott

As many of you already may know Vivendi (VU Games/Sierra) has shut down the production of Kings Quest nine and Space Quest three remakes, which were both nonprofit sequels/remakes of the original series.

I find this rather appalling the way all of this was done. Yes, Vivendi has the right to do this, but games like KQ9 were in production for five years, and it was two months away before release. Space Quest 3 was in productions for two years before they received their own C&D letter. I can only begin to imagine what the actual development team must feel(Which consisted of hundreds). If only VU games did this years ago to prevent this mass waste of peoples valuable time. But they didn't, because I believe they are heartless and greedy. The original creators of the Kings Quest series: Roberta and Ken Williams even gave the ok for these games to move forward.

VU games did all of this just a few days before the release of their sierra classic game compilations. (Which can be found here.). The ironic thing is, they have pissed off the very community that would buy these games. But after their avaricious and heartless behavior we won't, or I at least hope so.

This is where you people come in. I believe that since you guys are adventure fans, you will do what is right and not purchase any games that Vivendi produces. This whole thing is outrageous, and if we all decide not to buy their games they may feel obligated to rethink their piggish decisions.

If you would like to E-mail VU Games showing your disgust, you can at this address: [email protected]. The more letters they get the better.

Last edited by Def_Zeppelin; 10-09-2005 at 05:27 AM.