View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:48 PM   #92
natalia
Mrs. Bear

Send a message via AIM to natalia

It's trendy to complain about the actions of media super giants when they come down against creativity? It seems really strange to me to say that people complain because they have too much freedom. They're complaining because they have too much of everything? That doesn't make any sense to me at all.

People will complain if there isn't any way to get what they want. Some people want to see more King's Quest games. At this point, Vivendi has the copyright and isn't making them, hence the complaining and the disappointment.

Personally, I'm not really going to expend time and energy defending huge media conglomerates. They have plenty of highly paid lawyers and their own huge bank accounts to defend their right to spend the least amount of energy creating something that they can sell at a maximum profit. That's their right since they're looking out for their own best interests. But why is it being trendy to say, hey, I'm looking out for my own best interests, and my interests don't include not having a great looking game to play so that Vivendi can make more money?