View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 05:42 PM   #17
Manhunter71
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalia
Sounds like a fun wild oat sowing youth.
I suppose it was - 22 to 27 was a very "exciting" time for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalia
I try not to compare myself to my peers at this point. Some have more advanced degrees then me, some have already settled down and have kids. Still others are pursuing more artistic adventures, like opera, having really exciting nontraditional life paths. But, I'm happy with where I am. I don't try to meet any arbitrary deadlines about when I should be married, or when I should have kids, or when I should have made x amount of money. I used to think that if I hadn't written a novel by the time I was 30, I was done for. But now, I just go with the flow and see where life takes me.
I understand where you are coming from, especially where your comment about writing a novel is concerned!
It has always been my ambition to illustrate a copy of Edgar Allan Poe's works, or maybe a copy of "The Illiad" or "The Odyssey".

I still haven't done it, but I am working my way towards it, and hopefully one day it will happen