View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 05:29 PM   #14
Sage
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
Natalia, I think this is the very reason I am scared about getting old!

When I was young I was very immature and naive - it wasn't until I left school and entered full time employment that I actually achieved some self-confidence! So I feel that my true youth started in my early to mid 20's - this was when I had my most memorable experiences, and this period lasted for about 7 yrs. This was when I made my best friends, took drugs, saw great bands and had loads of sex!!!!
So you got to enjoy all the classic youthful indiscretions while you were still young? That's a good thing!

Quote:
So now, at the age of 34, I still feel young; but when I look at my classmates, I find that they are all married with children and all have high-powered jobs
Just wait a few more years. All your classmates will be going middle-aged crazy, divorcing their spouses, quitting their high-powered jobs, and wondering "Is that all there is?". They will be trying to recapture the youth they wasted by being so serious and goal-oriented, and you'll have already sown your wild oats and will therefore have a much better handle on life.

ScottMate

On the plus side, none of them seem to have had an exciting youth (they all went to uni and then got married after graduation )[/QUOTE]

Share the love.

<3