View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 05:14 PM   #12
Manhunter71
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalia
I was horribly naive when I was in my 20s, and hated the feeling of being unsure of myself and never quite comfortable in social situations. For me, gaining experiences has allowed me to not take so many situations so seriously (when I think about it, I laugh at the things that would totally ruin my day in the past.), I can be more relaxed about life now.

Natalia, I think this is the very reason I am scared about getting old!

When I was young I was very immature and naive - it wasn't until I left school and entered full time employment that I actually achieved some self-confidence! So I feel that my true youth started in my early to mid 20's - this was when I had my most memorable experiences, and this period lasted for about 7 yrs. This was when I made my best friends, took drugs, saw great bands and had loads of sex!!!!

So now, at the age of 34, I still feel young; but when I look at my classmates, I find that they are all married with children and all have high-powered jobs

On the plus side, none of them seem to have had an exciting youth (they all went to uni and then got married after graduation )