Thread: Closing threads
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 11:18 AM   #59
pinkgothic
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
Well, I've moderated a forum before, and I personally prefer to discuss such things openly in public. Why? Because IMHO if someone gets in trouble for something other people need to know so they can, well, not do it themselves.
Well, all I can say to that is my experience has been the opposite. See my "favoritism" post a bit further up - that's essentially what I've run into during all my moderating life. Even this place isn't clear of it.

Curious, what size was the forum you moderated? If it was a small one, I might even agree with you, since a small community tends to be one where everyone knows each other and so public discussions are less, well. Camp-based?

I run a tiny community called Arcadia which I suppose I would still want people PMing me first, but I wouldn't so much mind a public discussion there. But I'm not sure. Just me rambling.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™