Thread: Closing threads
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 10:14 AM   #42
squarejawhero
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
I think it would be difficult to mod anonymously. I like knowing who the moderators are. I can tell when they are modding and when they aren't. Anonymity just creates a big brother, Orwellian feel whereas knowing who they are creates a more compassionate feeling for them in me. They are only human with good days and bad which will affect some decisions but not always. Also, you can never avoid conflict with the diverse group of people we have. I feel that the people here (forumites and mods) are a group of terrific, caring people who are doing the best they can.
I can tell you it's very easy.

Unfortunately, I'm not as liberal as I am in real life when it comes to modding on forums as I don't believe its conducive to maintaining balance. You may consider it "Orwellian" but that's just being reactionary - you have to draw a line, and it also makes it a lot easier for the mods. For the people posting they know when a mod comes on its serious. I don't get that at all here and its hard to judge tone in writing. Having someone with MOD1 post may be cold, but by hell it's effective.

Posting on a forum isn't a right, it's a privelege. Truth is, people argue openly with the mods and question them plus don't know how to react when a mod posts. We already know, but it's not easy if you're new to the forum.