Thread: Closing threads
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 09:36 PM   #10
BoyToy
furryyellowthing

Send a message via Yahoo to BoyToy

Yes. Jake and Jack, I can imagine it's hard to deal with the dynamics of heated postings. And I see the point Jake has about a closed thread cooling itself down (which is essentially preventing a thread from getting bumped, as has successfully been done in the last Developer Chat). I think all the mods and admins on this forum are, by and large, doing a terrific job!

I just wanted to point out what tabs apparently had overlooked, to prevent a simple misunderstanding from escalating into big proportions.

However, since the thread was closed, I had to start a new one. So I'd say the closing of the thread complicated matters, didn't it?
(And from my limited experience as a forum member, I have seen too many closed or deleted threads leading to only more complicated matters. But it might be different on this forum, so I might have over-simplified.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
It's not like we make a habit of randomly closing threads at the drop of a hat. But when we do, it's a pretty clear signal that we DON'T wish for things to continue under public scrutiny. Of course we can't stop people from completely ignoring that and starting new threads - like this - but to say it MAKES people start them is ridiculous.
Funny I can't hear you laugh.
I have just explained why it MADE me start a new thread. So you're completely missing the point.