View Single Post
Old 11-21-2003, 06:53 PM   #2
eriq
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Great Review!

Larry 1 was a great game. I remember playing it at my friend Tim's house back in high school. I think I must have spent an hour typing profane things into the parser just to see what it would spit back at me.

My absolute favourite Larry game by far was Leisure Suit Larry 3 : Passionate Patti In Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals. What a brilliant game. There were so many great puzzles and hilarious scenes in that Larry adventure. But the best part was being able to play Patti. Her half of the game was completely different, taking place in the jungle with really sexxy midi music playing throughout her quest for Larry. I went back to play the game years later when I had a good midi board and it was totally a different experience. I forgot how amazing those SCI Sierra games sounded. Yes, Larry 3 was just a great game.

I also liked all the Larry games that came later. Those adventures took the whole "cartoon" feel even further with the whole skewed buildings and big headed characters. Even Larry 2 was excellent.

Hopefully this new Larry will be somewhat memorable... though I doubt it since "Sierra isn't interested in making adventure games any longer." WHATEVER! someone needs to fire that PR peanut and a half.