View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 12:38 AM   #8
Jeysie
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Heh. Personally I'd just get over the graphics... adventure games are about the story, after all. Missing out on a lot of classics if you can't stand playing something older than 2002.

Besides, IMHO Sanitarium's graphics are beautiful, in a morbid sort of way. Sanitarium's cutscenes are one of the few uses of 3D that I don't find to be butt-ugly. (Remember the cutscene at the end of Chapter 1, those of you who've played it? Glorious!) The actual-play graphics are wonderful too... very artistically detailed. (In fact, there's a couple spots where you might even wish there was a bit *less* detail!)

To me, one of the wonderful things about older adventures is that tend to be so artistic and beautiful. Try to step back from 3D fever and truly study the wonderful talents of artists who put (sometims virtual) pen to (virtual) paper and drew the most lovely backgrounds and sprites they could in the graphical limitations of yesteryear.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."