View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 03:15 PM   #24
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
Is that why Kojima uses real places, historical events, etc. in his stories? It's like a hybrid between a comic book and realism. I don't mind that either. Sci/fi it isn't though. Not in my opinion. The villains are pure comic book.
I'm sorry, but that's just stupid. Scifi stories often use real places, historical events, etc. By that definition, Star Trek, The Terminator, Back to the Future, Independence Day, The X-Files--none of these are science fiction. That's absurd. And comic books, by the way, are often science fiction too. Comic books are a medium, not a genre. The comic book villains you're talking about are from scifi stories written for comic books.

Quote:
I can guarantee most of them will say Kojima too. It's the popular and common answer.
It's also the correct answer.

Quote:
I can't really share your enthusiasm for the "emotional impact" of MGS because I didn't realize there was any.
In that case, you should try playing it again. If you don't think the ending of MGS3 has an emotional impact, then you're just dead inside.

mag