View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 12:51 PM   #22
EvoG
FlipFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
That's an emotional reaction though, to plot, not gameplay. If that's how you want to judge MGS against SC, that's fine of course. But I think it's a bit unfair. Splinter Cell is much more about gameplay, less about plot. It makes no attempt to have an epic ending or storyline.
Err, your ENTIRE first post(and parts of the others) went on about his lack of 'directing' ability and storytelling, and all the techniques he "stole" from other directors, which you specifically cited, so I'm rather baffled by your response, as I was replying to THAT post...

SC, despite being a fun game to play, is not any more fun than MGS(or rather, MGS isn't any less fun than SC), but fails miserably in emotional impact in comparison. I get BOTH in MGS, and despite the whole nebulous arguments about how much games should be just games and how much narrative they should they have, when both are an option, why not exercise both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
Also, the SC games have plenty of attention to detail. The environments actually look a lot better than the ones in MGS3, and as for production values...it's hard for me to take MGS seriously when they are still in the dark ages of RCA cables and 4:3 screens.
I'm not talking just technical attention to detail, but character and story; artistic attention to detail. The difference between a great game and a masterpiece. As for your second comment about RCA and aspect ratios...uh, okay, so?

You also ignored the rest of my commenting regarding the updated version of MGS3, which addresses issues you have strong feelings about.

Cheers